We’re so excited your child will be participating in the My First Business Fair!
Here are the rules and regulations surrounding the event. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions!
Email [email protected] with any questions.
In order to participate all applicants must:
- Fill out the online application by February 18, 2023
- Design a board describing their business. The board should include the following information:
- Name of business
- What does your business do?
- What is your business slogan or jingle?
- What problem does your business solve for our community
- How does your business make money? I.e. How much does it cost to produce your goods or services and how much are you selling it for?
- What is your projected annual revenue?
- What is your projected annual profit?
- What will you do with the money you earn? (What will you Save, Spend and Give?)
- How will you advertise your product/service?
- Get creative and have fun!
- Participants must be present and present their board on the day of the My First Business Fair.
- Family Friendly Content Only
- Individuals or teams are welcome. Only one prize can be awarded per team. Teams agree to split as they see fit.
- If you’re registering as a team, each participant needs to fill out an application
- Parental Permission and Release must be signed
- Participants must have a free Landings Account to receive prize or participation awards.
- To open a Landing Account for your child, you can visit any Landings Branch or open one on the day of the event. Necessary documents to open an account for your child include: Social Security Card OR Unexpired State Issued ID for the Student, and an Unexpired state issued ID for the Parent/Guardian.
- Any Prize Money will be paid to designated CEO to split as that person sees fit.
- There are 3 grand prizes – only one per team will be awarded (not one per person on the team – team must split the prize)
- $250 grand prizes will be awarded as follows:
- $100 to SPEND (check to CEO)
- $100 to SAVE (deposited in CEO’s Landing’s Account)
- $50 to GIVE (sent to CEO’s chosen charity)
- $50 to GIVE can go to one of these eligible charities/501c(3) organizations:
- Your School’s Community Foundation, The Center for Habit, Tempe Community Action Agency, St. Jude’s, Sky Animal Sanctuary
- 3 Grand Prizes will be awarded based on the following criteria:
- Judges’ Choice: decided by Judges day of event
- Audience Choice: everyone visiting event will be eligible to vote
- Social Media Choice: to be eligible for this prize, participant(s) must record a short pitch and post to instagram and tag My First Nest Egg. Alternatively, participants can send to My First Nest Egg to post. The participant(s) whose pitch has the most “likes” will receive this prize.
- Participants must sign-up for a Free My First Nest Egg account. Use code: Landings.
- Employees or relatives of employees of Landings Credit Union and My First Nest Egg are not eligible to win the grand prizes but are welcome to participate.